The PhysioAge Practice Experience
Biomarkers of Aging
- Measures the suppleness of your arteries using pulse wave analysis
- Assesses cardiovascular risk by measuring augmentation pressure
The gold standard in central blood pressure assessment, the SphygmoCor has been used in more clinical studies than any other device. Central blood pressure has been shown to be a superior predictor of cardiovascular events. In fact, the Mayo Clinic has adopted the Sphygmo-Cor as the standard hyper-tension screening device.
Functioning essentially like an non-invasive A-line, SphygmoCor CP takes a 10-second snapshot of the radial arterial pres-sure wave and derives the ascending aortic pressure wave, providing critical cardiovascular measurements including cen-tral blood pressure, aortic aug-mentation index, ejection duration and subendocardial viability ratio. Our algorithms calculate a CardioAge based on augmentation pressure, the most age-sensitive measurement generated.
- Assesses the elasticity of the skin with the same instrument used in numerous clinical trials of OTC and pharmaceutical skin care products
- Determines the propensity to develop wrinkles by measuring elasticity, firmness, and resistance to stress
The Cutometer MPA 580 is the gold standard in dermatology to measure elasticity and other biomechanical parameters of the skin. The device uses gentle suction to draw the skin into the aperture of the probe, where penetration depth is deter-mined by an optical measuring system. The resistance of the skin to be sucked up by negative pressure (firmness) and its ability to return into its original position (elasticity) are dis-played as curves. Our algorithms calculate a CutoAge based on the most age-sensitive parameters of these curves.
- Measures forced expiratory volume (FEV1/FCV), which is highly correlated with age
- Predicts all-cause mortality, not just mortality from pulmonary disease
- Measures the most highly age-sensitive aspects of cognitive function using a computerized battery of tests
- Functions as an effective screen for mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer’s disease
- Measures the health of the immune system using proprietary algorithms of standard immune subsets
- Utilizes cutting-edge molecular markers for senescent and naïve T-cells
- Measures the ends of the telomeres, the caps at the ends of your chromosomes that act as a molecular clock by shortening with every cell division
- Telomere shortening is highly correlated in numerous studies with aging and many disease states
Built on Solid Science
Our expert system is based on solid science – extensive clinical trials, scientific literature, and careful statistical analysis of primary data. Rather than using secondary clinical studies to calculate physiological age, we used our own in-depth primary research to measure up to 120 attributes in a database of 4,500 individuals. This study determined how biomarkers relate to each other, which enabled a greater degree of statistical accuracy and a deeper understanding of the aging process. With unique in-house measurements, PhysioAge® gives you complete, clear, and precise results.Selected References
Software & Lab Equipment Setup
Clinician and Technician Training
Unlimited patients and visits
Patient Materials and Marketing Support Learn More
Benefits of Becoming a PhysioAge Provider
Better data about your patients' healthGain access to research grade hardware, software, and bloodwork
More context about your patients' healthNot just more data but a better understanding of how your patients compare to their peers and their past
Improved patient engagementPhysioAge produces results that are meaningful to your patients and that can highlight the impact of treatments
More efficient consultationsSpend less time explaining results and more time focused on treatments
Increased revenuesGrow your bottom line by offering a differentiated service that keeps your patients coming back year after year
PhysioAge is designed to fit into a wide variety of practice business models to grow your bottom line. Whereas some practices offer our assessment on a fee-for-service basis, our most successful clients build regular biomarker testing into their service offering.
Depending on the business model, most practices break even at 3 assessments per month. At 6 assessments per month, you can expect to pay back your initial investment within 18 months.
Regardless of how physioAge is packaged, it will help you attract more patients, generate more revenue from existing patients, and keep your patients coming back year after year.